XSLT and XPath function reference
(Excerpt from “XSLT 2.0 & XPath 2.0” by Frank Bongers, chapter 5, translated from German)
The total number of the functions in XSLT 2.0 as well as in XPath 2.0/XQuery 1.0 has grown significantly: from in total 36 Functions in XSLT 1.0 and XPath 1.0 to now 130 functions within the new specifications; 19 thereof are part of XSLT 2.0, the remaining 111 are part of XPath 2.0.
The functions are assigned to the respective category. The XPath functions include the fn: prefix, the names of the XSLT functions have no prefix.
Categories of the XSLT and XPath functions:
- Type conversion and output formatting
- Rounding functions for numeric types
- Boolean functions
- String functions ─ analysis and manipulation
- String functions ─ pattern matching
- String functions ─ codepoint conversion
- Value extraction from time values, date values and duration
- Date functions ─ timezones
- Context information ─ date and time
- Node names, identifiers and URI information
- Functions in connection with qualified identifiers (QNames)
- Functions for sequences
- Context information within a sequence
- Association and localisation of nodes and resources at runtime
- Error messages and debugging
- Information on the runtime environment
You may also search the list of the XSLT and XPath function reference in alphabetical order.
|<< back||next >>|
Copyright © Galileo Press, Bonn 2008
Printing of the online version is permitted exclusively for private use. Otherwise this chapter from the book "XSLT 2.0 & XPath 2.0" is subject to the same provisions as those applicable for the hardcover edition: The work including all its components is protected by copyright. All rights reserved, including reproduction, translation, microfilming as well as storage and processing in electronic systems.
Galileo Press, Rheinwerkallee 4, 53227 Bonn, Germany