(Excerpt from "The MathML Handbook" by Pavi Sandhu)
This chapter gives an alphabetical listing of all MathML presentation elements and describes each element's syntax, description, and attributes.
The entry for each element has the following parts:
- Syntax: gives the syntax of the element showing the type of content it can contain.
- Description: gives the meaning of the element and summarizes any additional information relevant to its use.
- Attributes: gives the name of each attribute, its allowed values, and default value. For brevity, attributes common to all presentation elements are not included explicitly in the entry for each element. They are listed only once, in the following section.
The following five attributes are accepted by all MathML presentation elements:
- class, style, and id: are used with CSS and XSL stylesheets.
- xlink:href: is used for setting up links.
- other: is used for specifying nonstandard attributes that are not defined in MathML but may be supported by specific processing applications.
These attributes are not included in the entry for each element but are implied.
For brevity, attributes common to all token elements are listed only once, in this section. They are not included in the list of attributes for each token element but are implied. The following table shows the style attributes of token elements.
Table: Style attributes of token elements.
|mathbackground||#rgb | #rrggbb | html-color name||inherited|
|mathcolor||#rgb | #rrggbb | html-color name||inherited|
|mathsize||small | normal | big | number v-unit||inherited|
|mathvariant||normal | bold | italic | script | bold-fraktur | double-struck | bold-script | fraktur | sans-serif | bold-sans-serif | sans-serif-italic | sans-serif-bold-italic | monospace|| normal |
(except on <mi>)
|fontweight||normal | bold||inherited|
|fontstyle||normal | italic||normal |
(except on <mi>)
|fontfamily||string | css-fontfamily||inherited|
|color||#rgb | #rrggbb | html-colorname||inherited|
html-colorname refers to one of the named color keywords defined in HTML 4 (that is, aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow.
Listing of presentation elements
|<< back||next >>|
Copyright © CHARLES RIVER MEDIA, INC., Massachusetts (USA) 2003
Printing of the online version is permitted exclusively for private use. Otherwise this chapter from the book "The MathML Handbook" is subject to the same provisions as those applicable for the hardcover edition: The work including all its components is protected by copyright. All rights reserved, including reproduction, translation, microfilming as well as storage and processing in electronic systems.
CHARLES RIVER MEDIA, INC., 20 Downer Avenue, Suite 3, Hingham, Massachusetts 02043, United States of America