data2type: We are your experts for XML consulting and development
Data analysis, process optimisation, development of XML software and XML training courses
You have an interesting project regarding the field of XML and you wish competent support? Then data2type is the right address. We will jointly find the optimal solution for the structuring, conversion and output of your data. Many international companies from various industries trust in our expertise.
data2type offers a broad range of services all around the topic XML:
We offer a wide range of solutions, for example in the field of automated publishing with XSL-FO, the automated generation of Office documents, XML schema languages (DTD/Schema development) or the conversion, transformation and quality assurance of data
We assist you with your publishing project, for instance by giving advise regarding the choice and the embedding of XSL-FO formatters and XML editors as well as the realisation of the layout with XSL-FO.
You have decided – in the most cases after a joint project − to refine your XML applications on your own, but you need a little help: We are pleased to support you.
You want to deploy and refine the developed XML applications independently, but you don' t have the required know-how? We will be happy to train you and your team and will be at your disposal for any additional support services.
data2type founds partner company parsQube
The data2type GmbH, the specialist for XML-based publishing processes, has founded the partner company parsQube GmbH on 2 January 2013. parsQube offers consulting for the handling of large XML data volumes, analyses of existing data and development services in the XQuery technology and XML databases.
You can download antillesXML 2.0 now for free
The wide-ranging and in its form unique compilation of XML tools was developed by the data2type team in collaboration with the Stuttgart Media University and the Worms University of Applied Sciences. Now antillesXML can be downloaded for free on our website. It offers various functions on all aspects of XML documents and can be operated easily and intuitively. Therefore, it is equally suitable for developers and users. For example, folder wise XSLT transformations or the PDF generation via XSL-FO are possible. In regular updates further features are integrated.
Tutorials and references
Do you have any questions to XSLT, XSL-FO or further XML topics? You can find detailed answers on our info pages.
- XML basics
- XML basis: XML in the publishing workflow
- XML workflows in publishing companies
- XML Master Basic Tutorial
- XSLT 2 and XPath 2 (for developers)
- XSLT 3 and XPath 3 (for developers)
- Word and XML
- Excel and XML
- SVG automation
- Printlayouts with HTML and CSS
- Quality assurance of XML data
- XML Schema
- RELAX NG
- oXygen Editor (application and adaptation)
- Altova MapForce
- Altova StyleVision & Authentic
- Altova XMLSpy
XML and databases
- Oracle and XML
InDesign and XML
- E-Books with Adobe InDesign
- Find & Replace more efficiently with GREP
- XML publishing with InDesign
- XML special: Crossmedia publishing with InDesign
Adobe FrameMaker and XML
- Adobe FrameMaker structured: Application
- Adobe FrameMaker structured: DITA
- Adobe FrameMaker: XML application
- Adobe FrameMaker: Data migration
- Adobe FrameMaker: Application programming interface
- Semantic technologies: Introduction
- Semantic technologies: RDF(S)
- Newsfeeds with RSS and Atom
- Printlayouts with HTML and CSS
- Java and XML
- Regular expressions for advanced users
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer: Basic course
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer: Advanced course
All topics can also be booked as inhouse courses.
<markupforum/> 2013 – We thank you for a successful event
The data2type GmbH would like to warmly thank all those involved for a successful and exciting <markupforum/> 2013.
With about 180 participants, this year's event on 22 November at the Stuttgart Media University (HdM) was a complete success. Numerous presentations on the topic of "XML editing and workflows" provided the broad audience an overview of the current state and trends for publishing with XML.
We are very pleased about the successful event and we look forward to meet you again next year.
You can find the slides of the presentations as well as further information on the pages of the <markupforum/> 2013.
XML Prague 2014
Also this year, developers, markup specialists and XML nerds meet in the Czech capital in order to take part at the XML conference and to discuss etablished as well as new technologies. We are again participating and looking forward to new ideas and interesting discussions.
In 2014, the event takes place from 14 to 16 February. The conference venue is, as in previous years, the University of Economics in Prague.
The topics are, for example:
- Markup on the Web
- Semantic visions and the reality
- Publishing for the 21st century
- XML technologies and Big Data
- State of the XML Union
Details on the schedule and the registration form can be found on the pages of the XML Prague 2014.