data2type: We are your experts for XML consulting and development
Data analysis, process optimisation, development of XML software and XML training courses
You have an interesting project regarding the field of XML and you wish competent support? Then data2type is the right address. We will jointly find the optimal solution for the structuring, conversion and output of your data. Many international companies from various industries trust in our expertise.
data2type offers a broad range of services all around the topic XML:
We offer a wide range of solutions, for example in the field of automated publishing with XSL-FO, the automated generation of Office documents, XML schema languages (DTD/Schema development) or the conversion, transformation and quality assurance of data
We assist you with your publishing project, for instance by giving advise regarding the choice and the embedding of XSL-FO formatters and XML editors as well as the realisation of the layout with XSL-FO.
You have decided – in the most cases after a joint project − to refine your XML applications on your own, but you need a little help: We are pleased to support you.
You want to deploy and refine the developed XML applications independently, but you don' t have the required know-how? We will be happy to train you and your team and will be at your disposal for any additional support services.
data2type founds partner company parsQube
The data2type GmbH, the specialist for XML-based publishing processes, has founded the partner company parsQube GmbH on 2 January 2013. parsQube offers consulting for the handling of large XML data volumes, analyses of existing data and development services in the XQuery technology and XML databases.
You can download antillesXML 2.0 now for free
The wide-ranging and in its form unique compilation of XML tools was developed by the data2type team in collaboration with the Stuttgart Media University and the Worms University of Applied Sciences. Now antillesXML can be downloaded for free on our website. It offers various functions on all aspects of XML documents and can be operated easily and intuitively. Therefore, it is equally suitable for developers and users. For example, folder wise XSLT transformations or the PDF generation via XSL-FO are possible. In regular updates further features are integrated.
Tutorials and references
Do you have any questions to XSLT, XSL-FO or further XML topics? You can find detailed answers on our info pages.
- XML basics
- XML basis: XML in the publishing workflow
- XML workflows in publishing companies
- XML Master Basic Tutorial
- XSLT 2 and XPath 2 (for developers)
- XSLT 3 and XPath 3 (for developers)
- Word and XML
- Excel and XML
- SVG automation
- Printlayouts with HTML and CSS
- Quality assurance of XML data
- XML Schema
- RELAX NG
- oXygen Editor (application and adaptation)
- Altova MapForce
- Altova StyleVision & Authentic
- Altova XMLSpy
XML and databases
- Oracle and XML
InDesign and XML
- E-Books with Adobe InDesign
- Find & Replace more efficiently with GREP
- XML publishing with InDesign
- XML special: Crossmedia publishing with InDesign
Adobe FrameMaker and XML
- Adobe FrameMaker structured: Application
- Adobe FrameMaker structured: DITA
- Adobe FrameMaker: XML application
- Adobe FrameMaker: Data migration
- Adobe FrameMaker: Application programming interface
- Semantic technologies: Introduction
- Semantic technologies: RDF(S)
- Newsfeeds with RSS and Atom
- Printlayouts with HTML and CSS
- Java and XML
- Regular expressions for advanced users
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer: Basic course
- Adobe LiveCycle Designer: Advanced course
- XBRL: Basic course
- XBRL: Advanced course
All topics can also be booked as inhouse courses.
>> To the data2type news archive.
XML Prague 2015
This year the XML Prague takes places for the 10th time! On this occasion, numerous developers, markup specialists and XML nerds meet in the Czech capital in order to discuss etablished as well as new technologies. Team data2type is again participating and looking forward to new ideas and interesting discussions.
In 2015, the XML event takes place from 13 to 15 February. The conference venue is, as in previous years, the University of Economics in Prague.
The topics are, for example:
- Parallel Processing in the Saxon XSLT Processor
- Generation of a “semantic” eBook: all you need is XML
- Standards update: XProc 2.0
- Native XML Databases: Death or Coming of Age
- Schematron for Information Architects
Details on the programme and the speakers can be found on the pages of the XML Prague 2015.
Special tip: Our developer Nico Kutscherauer was invented to introduce his Schematron QuickFixes at the oXygen Users Meetup on Pre-conference Friday.
On 14 November 2014 the <markupforum/> takes place in Stuttgart under the motto “Metadata and more ...”.
The <markupforum/> is a specialist conference for technically interested people and decision makers who want to get informed about new and established XML technologies. The conference is hosted by the data2type GmbH, the parsQube GmbH and the Stuttgart Media University (HdM).
Also the 4th Markupforum has to offer exciting and multi-faceted presentations of XML experts from the publishing industry, for example:
- Felix Sasaki (DFKI) with "Tools, open data, vocabularies and scenarios of application for semi-automated metadata generation"
- Margit Vetter (Verlag Österreich) with "Which know-how should be built up by a publishing company on its own, what can be outsourced? – an experience report"
- Carsten Schwab (Hoffmann und Campe Verlag) with "XML undressed – quads based on feeling and other eerily beautiful stories from the XML every-day life of belletrists"
- Lorena Spahn and Katja Hüther with "Metadata in the German National Library"
Are you interested? We will be pleased to welcome you in Stuttgart on 14 November.
More information on the event, the programme and the registration can be found on the pages of the Markupforum 2014.
XSLT/XPath function reference online!
New content: the reference of the XSLT 2.0 and XPath 2.0 functions is now online.
The XSLT and XPath function reference is an excerpt from the German specialist book "XSLT 2.0 und XPath 2.0" (Galileo Computing, 2008) by Frank Bongers and was translated for the data2type homepage into English.
A total of 130 functions - 19 of XSLT, 111 of XPath (with prefix fn:) - are explained in detail and assigned to a category. The origin (XSLT/XPath 1.0 or 2.0), the return value, the number and type of the arguments as well as the function call are described. Furtermore, the purpose of use of the respective function is presented and demonstrated by means of practical examples. Then, the signature in the form of a function definition and, where applicable, a comparison of the versions follows.
The Schematron QuickFix project
On 14 March 2014, our Schematron developer Nico Kutscherauer published his project „Schematron QuickFix“. This open source project which is supported by the W3C extends the Schematron language by the functionality of defining QuickFixes. An implementation should offer the user these QuickFixes for the reported Schematron errors. With just one click the user can decide which QuickFix acceptably fixes the error.